Here are Dave's top tips for reducing your energy consumption and lowering your energy costs:
- Install ceiling insulation.
- Keep curtains closed. This prevents heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer.
- Close off unheated areas.
- Don’t overheat the room. Increasing the thermostat by 1 degree can increase costs by 3 percent.
- Clean heating and air-conditioner filters regularly.
- Dress appropriately.
- Choose energy-efficient appliances. Compare energy rating labels before you buy.
- Turn off appliances when you aren’t using them.
- Remove dust and fluff from the fan and reflective surfaces of heater to keep clean, efficient and safe.